Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Login Button Not Working -> XIPT Error

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi JomSocial,

So my subject wasn't very descriptive ...

I installed JomSocial 3.2.1.4 and was in the middle of finishing the customisation. When I tried to login, the LOGIN button on the frontpage was non responsive. It doesn't click and take me anywhere.

I did some research on the forums and found a possible explanation being an incompatibility between JomSocial (bootstrap 2) and my template (bootstrap 3).

Sharing the same database (in my MySQL) I have two domains. On one domain I made the following changes. On the other I didn't.

I upgraded (using JomSocial installer) to 3.2.1.5 (on purpledevils.com)
I followed a fix suggestion from a moderator on these forums ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/214...k-not-working#108273 )

Then my entire site (both domains) crashed with an error: XIPT Error. Pld is not valid.

Any suggestions you can offer or support on fixing this would be appreciated.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Luke,

please revert back the changes ( www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/214...k-not-working#108273 )
that fix not suitable with you issue. your issue related with 3rd party conflict or any customization that are you made.

that login button not working because when you click it. the return said "Please Enter Name", there is any customization related with form validation? if no, what kind of customization you have? I need to know it, to find the problem of this issue.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luke
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

Honestly, I am not completely sure what customisation has occurred. There shouldn't have been too much ...

Giving you a history, I had been running an older version of JomSocial on my old Joomla 2.5 site. I developed a new site using Joomla 3.3.x and so installed a new version of JomSocial (3.2.1.4) for the new site and hired a 3rd party technician to transfer over all the old content (JomSocial, Kunena, PayPlans) to the new MySQL database.

That all seemed fine except for the login issue - I am not sure what he played with to get to that point.

To make matters easy I have duplicated everything on to another addon domain: iimagi.com

I duplicated the database (snark1_rfv20 -> snark1_rfpv201) so as not to affect anything going on. Currently iimagi.com is a complete copy of my live site ( www.rememberforever.co ) with the same credentials but a fresh installation of JomSocial and a separate database.

In the iimagi.com folder, I deleted the com_community folders and uninstalled JomSocial. I then reinstalled a fresh version of JomSocial 3.2.1.5

If we get that to work then I can just duplicate that over to the live site.

I am encountering the same problem - that is, with everything fresh in the JomSocial file structure, the LOGIN button will not work on the JomSocial front page. It just clicks but nothing happens.

The XIPT error I discussed came up out of the blue on rememberforever.co last week. I temporarily solved that by renaming the com_xipt folder to WAScom_xipt. In the new iimagi.com development site, I have renamed it back to COM_XIPT and it seems to be working okay.

I do think many errors I have encountered could be due to ineffective technical help I paid for from a 3rd party - but having said that, the inability to login is still there despite being a fresh install.

Please help as it has now been 1 month since my customers have been able to log into the community area. To be safe, can we please work off the iimagi.com (yes, 2 i's) development site?

This has become urgent. Many thanks!

Luke

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Luke,

I need to make local copy of your site. could you please install this:
www.akeebabackup.com/download.html

I will debugging your site by using local copy. because can damaging your site. I need safety first.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luke
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

As I explained in my previous message, thesite iimagi.com IS a backup so as not to damage my actual site and it is using a fresh and clean duplicate of the MySQL database.

rememberforever.co is my actual live site.

In my previous message I explained that this is a backup site and the situation is urgent and I'm feeling a little frustrated neither of those comments seemed to have been taken on board.

With the time differences it will be another 24 hours now before I get a response, probably not yet fixed. This is why I hesitated renewing my support subscription and paid 3rd party technicians.

Please, this is urgent.

Luke

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luke
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

Despite having iimagi.com to safely work on, I have installed Akeeba on both the rememberforever.co and iimagi.com sites.

I have also run a backup on both of those sites and they're sitting in there for you to download and play with if you wish. As I emphasized, this has become urgent. I am going to sit up overnight tonight to answer questions and hopefully get this resolved as soon as possible as I need to get this functional.

Many thanks!

Luke Ballard

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Luke,

the problem with 3rd party it self. please turn off J DContact extension from joomla extension manager - manage.

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luke
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

Thank you for finding the issue.

So you're saying that I can't run both JomSocial and that contact form at the same time?

That is the contact form at the bottom of our website for all communication.

Is there a way to have both?

Luke

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Luke,

the changing need to be done at J DContact side. I think they need to improve the code it self.
please contact J DContact provider about this.

for now you must turn off J DContact first.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Luke
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay, I will contact them. Thank you for your help.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński