Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

tyring to tier upgrade old 2.2.4 jomsocial to latest - problems

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

OK, i have a site with both jomsocial and kunena and need to move the data to a newly developed site which has latest versions of all. I ran into trouble at once with jomsocial (2.2.4 on jo0mla 1.7.2) when i deleted the component in order to install 2.2.5 accoring to the instructions on documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Updatin...d_JomSocial_Versions .
When installing it just hangs endlessly.

I have tried installing 2.2.5. 2.4.3. and 2.6.3 before and after upgrading joomla at several levels: 1.7.2, 2.5.27 and even at 3.0.0 but always the same result on trying to install - nothing happens (permissions are fine and other components like kunena installed fine)

Latest test was a clean 2.5.26 joomla sandbox where i have tried installing both with and without the community tables holding the data. - same result.

Now I'm wondering why I can't install any jomsocial (tested 2.2.5, 2.4.3, 2.6.3 2.8.4, 3.0.5.3, ) on a clean joomla 2.5.27 ??
At least from 2.6.3 they should be compatible with J2.5!

Is 2.2.5 incompatible with J2.5? bearing in mind that 2.2.4 is working currently on 1.7.2 i would assume it to be compatible.

I also tried downgrading php version from 5.4.34 to 5.3 and 5.2 but no help...
Also tried installing 2.6.3 on a J1.5 clean site - not working either

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards
Tomas Larsen

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Update: I tried intalling 1.5.248 and 1.6.290 on clean J1.5 and it worked! but proceeding to 1.811 i get the same problem.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Tomas,

mostly installation process if never endless that because there is a problem at database.
may I know at where that issue happen? at joomla extension manager or at jomsocial instalation steps.

the site is mirror.yourdomain.dk?

please provide me cpanel/phpmyadmin access detail.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

I sent you details in a private message, not wanting them to be semi-public.

mirror.girltalk.dk - newly created mirror from backup. full site that I want to test tier upgrade jomsocial on. I have not deleted jomsocial in this case. but turned off and deleted a bunch of other stuff - feel free to delete anything you think might be conflicting since this is just a test to find out if it is possible to tier upgrade at all.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Tomas,

after I tried, Jomsocial version 2.8.x and 3.0.x cannot installed at your mirror site because jomsocial version too low.

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Well, at least you got a message! I have upgraded Joomla to 2.5.27 now and then we can continue.

Please document everything you do as I will need to repeat this procedure soon (within 2 weeks) for real when upgrading the data to prepare moving it to the newly developed site (dev.girltalk.dk). It would be great if i can do it myself next time within a few hours without having to contact you for help.

Question 1: did you install jomsocial 2.8 directly. Should it not first be the versions closer to 2.2.4?
Question 2: can you write out a procedure for me to follow? something like
- turn off plugins
- upgrade to J2.5.27
- uninstall jomsocial
- install jomsocial. X.X

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Tomas,

please follow my steps:
1. install jomsocial 2.2.5
2. install jomsocial 2.4.3 (no need turn off or uninstall anythings, just continue with higher jomsocial version)
3. install jomsocial 2.6.3(no need turn off or uninstall anythings, just continue with higher jomsocial version)
4. I asking you to upgrade joomla version
5. install jomsocial 2.8.4.2 (no need turn off or uninstall anythings, just continue with higher jomsocial version)
6. install jomsocial 3.0.5.3 (no need turn off or uninstall anythings, just continue with higher jomsocial version)
7. install jomsocial 3.1.1 (no need turn off or uninstall anythings, just continue with higher jomsocial version)
8. install jomsocial 3.2.0.5 (no need turn off or uninstall anythings, just continue with higher jomsocial version)
9. uninstall zend plugin from extension manager

basically just continue jomsocial instalation from nearest to higher version from joomla extension manager. no need to uninstall it first or turn off anythings.

now you can continue to install latest version of jomsocial. downloadn it from jomsocial.com at "my account". that package containing ijoomla installer component. you can track newest version from there.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albert,

now I am doing the upgrade for real. I have upgraded joomla to 2.5.28 and am ready to tier upgrade as you have instructed. now at 2.2.4.

But I cant find the old version downloads! The link on documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Updatin...d_JomSocial_Versions is dead ( www.jomsocial.com/download-old )

Can you direct me to the location?

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ok, i found the files that I downloaded last time.. upgrading to 2.2.5., 2.4.3 and 2.6.3 went fine.
Then I had some trouble with the joomla upgrade. now functional at 3.0.3.

now I am stuck with the installation breaking at install menu items

should I try to upgrade joomla all the way to 3.3.6 now or do you want to take a look at it?

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Looks like I managed to get it all the way to latest :-)
now all I have to do is move the tables to the new site and test it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński