Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Community - activity stream not displaying

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'm having trouble getting my community - activity stream to work - it's just not displaying (attachment 1)

I'm also having problems creating groups front and backend (attachment 2)...

500 - An error has occurred.

DB function failed with error number 1054 <br /><span style="color: red;">Unknown column 'groupid' in 'where clause' SQL=UPDATE `jos_community_activities` SET `group_access`='0' WHERE `groupid`=''

and when new members try to visit (attachment 3)

DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'a.group_access' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT a.* FROM `jos_community_activities` as a WHERE ( 1 AND ( (a.`group_access`='0') OR (a.`groupid` IN ('' ) ) OR (a.`groupid`='0')) AND (a.`event_access`='0') AND (a.`groupid` OR (((a.`access` = 0) ) OR ((a.`access` = 10) ) OR ((a.`access` = 20) AND ( '667' != 0) ) OR ((a.`access` = '40') AND (a.`actor` = '667') ) OR ((a.`access` = '30') AND ((a.`actor`IN (SELECT c.`connect_to` FROM `jos_community_connection` as c WHERE c.`connect_from` = '667' AND c.`status` = '1' ) ) OR (a.`actor` = '667') ) ))) ) AND a.`archived` = 0 GROUP BY a.`id` ORDER BY a.`created` DESC, a. `id` DESC LIMIT 20

and creating events is ok, but they don't appear in the activity stream, and I have to refresh the page to see them. [edit] oops, when I click on my events I get this 500 error (attachment 4)

Unknown column 'a.eventid' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT a.* FROM `jos_community_activities` as a WHERE ( 1 AND a.id < 1000000000 AND ( a.eventid = 3 AND a.comment_type != "events") ) AND a.`archived` = 0 GROUP BY a.`id` ORDER BY a.`created` DESC, a. `id` DESC LIMIT 20

...I'm hoping these problems are all connected in some simple way.

Have a nice day!

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthew,

I can access administrator page, got this:
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

seem joomla configuration not setup properly.
please edit your first post at this topic, put credential information at site info form.
i need valid joomla or jomsocial site URL, administrator URL, and FTP access detail. that things for debugging purpose.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: matthew
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for your reply...I fixed the link to our admin page - sorry about that

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi matthew,

did you upgrade the jomsocial from old version?
please provide me cpanel/phpmyadmin access detail. seem the DB not follow latest version.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

Thanks again for you help.

I've re-edited my original post and provided c-panel and ftp access

Have a nice day,

Matthew

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthew,

seem the jomsocial DB still using old version, but here the fixes that I did from phpmyadmin:

ALTER TABLE `jos_community_activities` ADD `groupid` INT NULL AFTER `cid`, ADD `eventid` INT NULL AFTER `groupid`;
ALTER TABLE `jos_community_activities` ADD `group_access` TINYINT(4) NOT NULL AFTER `eventid`;
ALTER TABLE `jos_community_activities` ADD `event_access` TINYINT(4) NOT NULL AFTER `group_access`;

I created that missing fields at activities table. and let me know if still any error message related with DB.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you very much! JomSocial is fantastic, and I really appreciate your support.

Only one last thing (famous last words...)

I'm still having trouble with the activity stream. I can post videos and photos, but no text. Is this a DB problem?

Have a nice day

Matthew

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthew,

I just tried it, I can share photos and video with a text. please more detail, maybe I missing something.

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, thanks again for your help.

Photos and videos are not a problem, they are working sweet.

The only problem is if I want to make a comment WITHOUT including an image or video (just say what's on my mind), or just post how I'm feeling...nothing will happen.

Have a nice day.

Matthew

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthew,

DB problem. I added this field.

ALTER TABLE `jos_community_activities` ADD `verb` VARCHAR(200) NOT NULL AFTER `app`;

this problem happen i think that because you upgrading jomsocial from old version directly to newest version.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

you guys rock!

Have an awesome day!

Matthew

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński