Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

jomsocial template missing

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I just installed jomosocial but how do I select a template ?

Do I have to install or buy another template ?

I bought this because I thought it would save me time but so far I have spent hours on it.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jim.

JomSocial is Joomla! extension and it's displayed inside Joomla as component. It uses the same template as set in Joomla! Doesn't load own.

There is set of files also called "template" inside JomSocial. They are responsible for displaying JomSocial content. Some template developers also distribute templates exclusively for JomSocial or bundled with Joomla! templates.

So you already have Joomla! template, it's called Protostar (default Joomla! template) and default template inside JomSocial.
If you don't like Protostar template you may change it buying ( www.gavick.com/joomla-templates/tag,Jomsocial.html or www.gavick.com/joomla-templates.html ) some interesting templates or download some for free: www.joomla24.com/

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hello,

So I need to buy another template ?

I thought this would give me the look that is displayed on your images of jomosocial.

Does this mean jomosocial just sits inside the standard blogger template of joomla ?

If this is the case could you please advise how to obtain a refund ?

I thought I would have a site that looked like your demo images. All I have now is a standard blogger page of joomla.

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I refer to this links again documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Changing_Default_Template

On your document it says I can change the template in such a way. Black out , blueface , bubble and default. On my jomsocial there is no sidebar drop down when I mouse over jomsocial.

9 years 5 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

The page you refer to is still a current page if you choose to use this method. It should be read in conjunction with this page documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Creating_New_Template . This is still current functionality but not used as much anymore as things have progressed considerably with the way joomla/ jomsocial templates are supplied. Even though this method is not widely used anymore, it can be and the options are in place so existing users that have their own templates using this method can continue to use the function

Large components like Jomsocial can be styled to have a certain look just for the component which is this link documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Changing_Default_Template and this link documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Creating_New_Template . Or you can use the more recent methods which is to use a site template from the many template providers on the internet. Site templates are normally a core option when setting up a site but our product will also work perfectly fine without one

In regards to "On my jomsocial there is no sidebar drop down when I mouse over jomsocial." this image refers to an older version of the product. The same menu and options can be found by going to Admin > configuration > templates

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński