Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial failing after Joomla 2.5 to 3.3 upgrade

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just upgraded my site from Joomla 2.5 to 3.3. This ran just fine when I did it in test, but I am getting major errors with Jomsocial on my live site, which is now effectively down. When I tried installing JomSocial again, it ran the install, and then when i clicked Done, it went back to the beginning of the install. I uninstalled it and tried again, same thing.

When I attempt to view it on the front end, I get "unable to load format class."

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bethany.

First, lets fix menu items issue:

When you upgrading JomSocial by uninstalling it, menu items in JomSocial toolbar lost "connection" with component. Joomla! mark them as disabled and with notice: "Component 'com_community' does not exist". In order to fix it please follow this instruction:

- click on menu item in JomSocial menu in order to edit it
- when in edit mode don't change anything
- save
- menu item should be fixed
- do it for every JomSocial related menu items (if needed) in all other menus

Make sure that you fix ALL JomSocial related links that way ;) Especially check Main menu - I saw some manu items with that issue there.

This is just how Joomla! works.When you have menu item linked to component and then remove that component - menu item will be disabled like this by Joomla!. Even if you install component again it will come to the system with different id so menu items will still disabled. But for luck fix is easy, just follow steps I provided above.

After fix do a test if you frontend is accessible now. Also provide me with exact information after what action (what steps) you receive error notices or issues.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I deleted the JomSocial toolbar and corrected all the links in the main menu. The error is still there on any JomSocial page: Error: 500
Unable to load format class.

Please remember - this error was happening right away. I did not uninstall JomSocial first. I did that AFTER I upgraded and got the error, to see if it would fix it. This is some kind of class error in JomSocial with Joomla 3.3

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bethany.

Did you changed site credentials? I can't log in.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński