Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Duplicate Home Url

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi, i have set in Menu Manager -> Main Menu -> Jomsocial as "Home"..

Menutype shows now

★ JomSocial
looks strange..but it's not the main issue.

The main question is..why do i get now 2 Urls for Jomsocial Frontpage Link?

1. www.mydomain.de
2. www.mydomain.de/index.php?option=com_com...e&Itemid=113&lang=de

both Url's are show the same Jomsocial Content! :(

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ok i fixed the duplicate after search few hours..i added new aliase in sh404sef -> Url Managment -> Frontpage Meta!

the question remains why i get 2 Urls for Jomsocial Frontpage Link?

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi testcouch,

If there is two main menu for jomsocial homepage, please delete one. I suggest you to delete all jomsocial menu items from main menu, and recreate it. jomsocial at main menu item must have ID more higher than jomosocial toolbar. this things to prevent joomla itemId issue.

is hard to make sure the issue if we can't replicate it again. jomsocial only create jomsocial toolbar menu at menu manager, and rest of it can't.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus wrote: Hi testcouch,

If there is two main menu for jomsocial homepage, please delete one. I suggest you to delete all jomsocial menu items from main menu, and recreate it. jomsocial at main menu item must have ID more higher than jomosocial toolbar. this things to prevent joomla itemId issue.

is hard to make sure the issue if we can't replicate it again. jomsocial only create jomsocial toolbar menu at menu manager, and rest of it can't.

Regards,
Albert

i albert, i do not have two main menu for Jomsocial..where did you see that? i have also not a Itemid issue..my issue is that Jomsocial frontpage is callable with:

1. www.mydomain.de

and

2. www.mydomain.de/index.php?option=com_com...e&Itemid=113&lang=de

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi testcouch,

we can do anything about this. this is a joomla rules. if at main menu already have jomsocial item as homepage, it still callable by using
index.php?option=com_community&Itemid=113&lang=de, because at url parser fucntion (CRoute / JRoute) must have "original" URL:
index.php?option=...&Itemid=... or else.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński