Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JA Mulitlingual doesn't play nice

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dear Support Team,
I've recently added JA Multilingual and have had JomSocial not working correct ever since. Also JA MultiLingual doesn't work 100% either. All the links within Jomsocial don't seem to work anymore. Maybe because they all now include en-us or fr-fr (the 2 languages that work) in the URL.

In trying to explore a fix for this I found these error in my error Log and also from the Admin Panel when trying to delete a unapproved group.

An error has occurred.

1054 Unknown column 'groupid' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT `id` FROM `cdone_community_files` WHERE `groupid` = '21'

from the error log:
[Tue Sep 16 22:14:00 2014] [10117231] [core:error] [client 66.249.65.53:53143] Invalid status line from script 'index.php': 1054 Unknown column 'groupid' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `cdone_community_files` WHERE `groupid` = '20'
[Tue Sep 16 22:34:17 2014] [10117231] [fcgid:warn] (9)Bad file descriptor: [client 120.43.31.51:63247] mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer www.concretedisciples.com/index.php/en_us/community/register

I just re-upped my subscription tonight, and tried to update JomSocial to see if it would clear out this BUG (issue) but its still there. Is there anything you might recommend or a tutorial on combining the other languages and not breaking jomSocial?

Thanks,
Jeff

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jeff Greenwood.

This are TWO not related issues.

1. SQL error:

Run this query in your database:

ALTER TABLE `xxx_community_files` ADD `groupid` INT(11) NOT NULL;

Change xxx to your db table suffix.

This issue could happen after migration. It indicates that some columns are not present in tables. So they need to be created manually.

2. URL issue:

You made a very common mistake building your multilanguage community. You multiplicated JomSocial menu items for every language menu. This causes issues as system takes only one menu item that links to a certain JomSocial page with lower ID. And if this item belongs to other language menu it may produce 404 or redirection to frontpage.

So you need to have:

1. ONE JomSocial toolbar menu - you already have it called "JOMSOCIAL"
2. Change each JomSocial menu item related with JomSocial to MENU ALIASES that links to respective menu item in JomSocial toolbar menu.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Issue #1 is fixed, thank you.
Issue #2 I am not quite grasping what to change:
2. Change each JomSocial menu item related with JomSocial to MENU ALIASES that links to respective menu item in JomSocial toolbar menu.
I've looked through the wiki pages:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Toolbar_Explained
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Translate_Toolbar
but still haven't figured out the steps you are saying to take.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jeff.

This is a long story and common here on forum. It's explained in details here: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Toolbar_Explained

Menu items in JomSocial toolbar doesn't have OWN menu item ID. They inherit it from parent menu item - in most cases it's JomSocial frontpage menu item, located outside JomSocial toolbar. And everything in Joomla! base on menu item ID: you assign modules to menu item ID, you set privacy restrictions to menu item ID and so on.

If you miltiplace JomSocial frontpage menu item - system will take only menu item with lower menu item ID and the rest will be just IGNORED.

So in multilanguage sites if you have JomSocial frontpage menu item for - lets say - English, German and Polish and menu item with lowest ID is located in English - it means, when in Polish language, that Joomla will try to load pages but with English JomSocial frontend menu item ID... so pages will have English language when you enabled Polish. This may result with redirections to frontpage or 404 (as no English language page should be displayed in Polish).

The same is for other JomSocial related pages, they should be created only once.

If you want to display in menu links to certain JomSocial pages, you should create menu items as menu aliases and point to certain menu item in JoomSocial toolbar.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I understand what your saying here, but I am not sure how to fix my situation. What should I do? remove the Joomla menu and rebuild it so it is a lower #?

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jeff.

No, as every new item will came with higher ID.

You should:

1. Have only ONE JomSocial frontpage menu item
2. Change ALL JOmSocial related menu items outside JomSocial toolbar menu to menu aliases and point them to coresponding menu items in JomSocial toolbar menu.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

So I made all the Main Menu items menu-alias' but I still have the same issue where none of the galleries or videos open up. I get the we're sorry page.

Attachment Capture_2014-11-12.JPG not found

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jeff.

But still you haven't changed it in French menu...

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That's the problem (and the 1 in the DE menu). It looks like it is working once again.
Thanks, I didn't think it was going to be that easy.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński