Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Access Rights Broken when accessing JomSocial after latest upgrade

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Razlie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
I just upgrade to the latest JomSocial 3.2.1.4 . And then i realised access right from my menu is broken once i entered into JomSocial. It seems like the latest jomsocial did not carry the access rights to another menu.

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Razlie.

If you set access rights to menu items in JomSocial toolbar - it will never work.
Items in JomSocial toolbar don't have OWN menu item ID but inherit it from parent element (usually its JomSocial frontpage placed in main menu).

And in Joomla! all access rights for certain URL are based upon menu item ID.

If you want to se access rights for certain pages of JomSocial:

1. Create hidden menu (menu that is not assigned to any module - not displayed on site)
2. Create NEW menu items that link to JomSocial main pages like Profile, Friends, Photos, Videos, Events and Groups
3. No set access rights to newly created menu items.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Razlie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok.. Then how to you explained itv only happened after upgrading the new jomsocial... It's not happening in the old one... I can create one site for you to show it only occurred with the new jomsocial...

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Razlie.

Yes, please, do a copy with previous version so we could see.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Razlie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok I have created a development website for you to see it..

5r.com.my/~cloudybr/ybrwork/index.php

Account details are the same as before. You can try it

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Razlie.

I'm sorry but you're wrong. I had to turn of SEF and caching to show you this.

Just like I said JomSocial toolbar menu items don't have OWN menu item ID but use parent menu item ID - in your case it's Komunity in Menu Melayu:
prntscr.com/4nmo7u
prntscr.com/4nmoa2

No, not logged in I go to Groups that has access set to REGISERED in JomSocial toolbar. It should have ID 191 and not allow me to see it as it's restricted but I can see it and ID is taken from Komuniti:

prntscr.com/4nmov0
prntscr.com/4nmoxd

Ok, you may say that this was working with enabled SEF. BUt upon what SEF is built? Upon menu items IDs and menu ALIASES related with them.

You may say that when SEF was enabled and you clicked on groups you was redirected to JomSocial frontpage and notice was displayed. prntscr.com/4nmpos Yes, but this is JomSocial behavior not related with restrictions set in Joomla!. Joomla! restriction for certain menu item id effect with redirection to com_users and displaying Joomla! login form.

Also on your copy you can notice issue that I told you about: when you enable SEF you can't reach e.g friends list but you're redirected to profile... and URL is displaying path to friends: prntscr.com/4nmq2u

So as you can see it works as I described it...
Please, follow my advice in order to fix your navigation.

There is a way to restrict certain pages to registered only.

1. Create hidden menu - menu that is not displayed on site
2. Create NEW menu items that link directly to JomSocial pages to Profile, Friends, Events, Groups, Photos and Videos
3. Then restrict them to Registered just like usual in Joomla!

This will add menu item ID to main items in JomSocial toolbar.

But remember to change any JomSocial related menu items in language menus to menu aliases and you MUST have only ONE menu item that links to JomSpcial frontpage.

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Razlie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

Sorry I guess I did not explained my problem correctly . Here is the problem.
Try to go to www.yayasanbankrakyat.com.my

And login using registered user as I given to you.
And go to Menu Pengguna --> Permohonan PPBU
prntscr.com/4nmyk3

You will get that page .. which is suppose so..

And now klik on Komuniti, either from the Menu Pengguna or the main menu doesn't matter
prntscr.com/4nmz55

And then click back Menu Pengguna --> Permohonan PPBU
You will get a message that says in to register 1st.. Not as before ...
prntscr.com/4nmzku

That happened once I upgrade to the latest Jomsocial..

It is not happening in the previous Jomsocial as shown in
5r.com.my/~cloudybr/ybrwork/index.php

You can repeat the step as the one describe above and it will still shows the correct content..

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Razlie.

OK, Now it's clear. I was able to replicate that behavior following your steps.
After repeating it for second time I get this: prntscr.com/4nncd2

I don't see any relation with JomSocial. Ok, it happens after you browse to JomSocial and go again to previous page. But this is issue within Chrono Forms and you should ask them on the first place.

I don't see anything that needs to be fixed in JomSocial... please, contact with Chrono Forms developers and ask their opinion first.

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Razlie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

I think the screen shot you shown happen because u click Keputusan PPBU instead of Permohonan PPBU. Anyway as I said this only happened after I upgrade JomSocial as I shown to you in the 5r.com.my/~cloudybr/ybrwork/ same configuration, only with the previous JomSocial version and everythings works..

So i recon it must be something that is wrong with the latest JomSocial update as this is not happening before ( I will ask Chonoform about this). Now I find another problem with the new version. Go to www.yayasanbankrakyat.com.my and go to Komuniti . Wait until the automatic login popup to come out..
prntscr.com/4nsh5f

Then login in as the admin user..
You will get this weird page .. prntscr.com/4nshro

Maybe there is some javascript or ajax clashing ?? don't know..

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Razlie.

1. Please, contact with Chronoform developers and ask them, I'll wait for their reply.

2. Please, open new thread for your new issue.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński