Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Activation emails sent but once member clicks link to activate...

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

They apparently telling members "Login denied, your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet" and they're telling me they have clicked the activation link in the email they receive but something doesn't seem right, can you help me get to the bottom of this please?

I have taken a look within Dashboard>Notifications>Pending Members and there was two new members who advised me of this issue and in the "Enabled" column they had a cross X next to their name / account.

However, I can't find anywhere in JS admin to be able to select Activate Automatically or something like that, is this possible or not and in the meantime can you help me try to figure out why members are clicking the activation link in the email but it's still saying their access is denied due to not being activated when they have.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Robert,

I think this issue caused by the 3rd party extension which it make the activation failed..
But If you want to activate manually you need to Users Manager->options->New User Account Activation->none.

I hope it helps.

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

I see you've registered a test account and in that I get 2 emails to admin, one is html and one is text only.

The text only one starts off with;

"Hello Admin,

A new user have been registered at your site.
He/she needs your approval to activate his/her account."

I don't want to have to activate on their behalf, I want an automated activation as I may not always have the time to be around to activate members, certainly not straight away.

If it's a 3rd party extension, how am I going to locate that? :(

Regards,
Rob

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi Robert,

I think this issue caused by the 3rd party extension which it make the activation failed..
But If you want to activate manually you need to Users Manager->options->New User Account Activation->none.

I hope it helps.

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Robert,

For your issue I suggest you disabled the activation : go to Uers Manager->options->New User Account Activation->none.

I think that solution is enough for you, right?

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

So if I disable the activate as you are advising, does that mean I have to manually activate any members accounts once they're signed up?

Regards,
Rob

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi Robert,

For your issue I suggest you disabled the activation : go to Uers Manager->options->New User Account Activation->none.

I think that solution is enough for you, right?

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

No, you dont activate the user manually, but user will be activated automatically once he done with registration process..

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński