Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Testings jomsocial upgrade on localhost - new wamp version?

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • J
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi there,

I would like to know if the ijoomla upgrade installer works with the new version of wamp on localhost?

With the new version of wamp (2.5) we are required to create a virtual host on localhost machine in order to work on a project rather than simply creating a project folder in the www folder of wamp as with previous versions.

I have set up my virtual server and I am currently working on an update for my website on localhost prior to updating the live site. This update includes upgrading to the most recent version of Jomsocial.

The problem has arisen that I am unable to install the upgrade for Jomsocial on my localhost because it is not being recognized as the localhost domain due to the virtual server.

As per your documentation:

documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/IJoomla_Installer_Installation

We should be seeing a notice on the iJoomla installer page saying "You are installing component on 'localhost', please visit the My Downloads page and take the licence number from there. Then, just input license number in next field so you can install component".

Instead we are receiving the following message which we believe is due to the virtual server " Error - This license isn't registered for this domain! No license identified for this domain. If you have a license, please visit the My Downloads page and enter your domain there, If you don't have a license, please click the Buy Now button to purchase".

How do we install the upgrade for Jomsocial on localhost using the new wamp version?

Thanks in advance for help.

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • J
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Have solved this issue.

You can manually add localhost to beginning of the URL in the address bar and this is recognized by the ijoomla installer.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński