Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Community toolbar showing incorrect links;

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Travis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have the Community Toolbar installed as recommended on the top module position. It works as we expect, but the links don't.

The notification icons give the popup with new messages, but the Show All button doesn't go to the expected location - instead ends up at the JomSocial homepage. Clicking on the member's name does the same thing. I'm not using the JomSocial Toolbar at all.

An unrelated question: Is there a way to make it so that, when logged out, clicking on certain items returns you to the JomSoical homepage, instead of Joomla's login page?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Chris.

Try to restore JomSocial toolbar menu (with type "jomsocial", move all JomSocial related menu items (except home element) and recreate it's structure in main menu but menu items should be menu aliases that point to JomSocial toolbar menu items.
JomSocial toolbar is used for internal navigation. Lack of it could cause issues.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Travis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you very much. That corrected the issues with the Community Toolbar.

My next question is: is there a way to make it so the main menu items default to the JomSocial home page rather than the Joomla login page when they're clicked by someone who's not logged in? MY Hubs does already, since they're part of JomSocial, but can any other menu item/link do that? Or is that a code-level change? (Does this need to be posted in a separate topic?)

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Chris.

Yes, this should be posted in separated thread as your question is irrelevant to current topic subject :)

But answer is short: no , you can't redirect any Joomla! login attempt to JomSocial frontpage login.
But you can replace Joomla! default login form with Hello me module: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Replaci...With_Hello_Me_Module

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński