Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial activities menu not displaying correctly after applying 'fix'

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Anthony
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

The JomSocial activities menu has been corrupted somewhere while fixing something else. see Screen shot

Attachments:
9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Anthony
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I'm sorry I thought this problem was fixed however it appears that every time I try to view the activities menu option in Jomsocial monitor, all I get is a blank page with nothing in the source code...

This fault has been apparent since the alteration of two files suggested by Michal Dluzak in this post:
Emoticons on stream updates not showing

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Zurkster,

I cant find the error page. could you provide me the URL and the screenshoot?

if the issue still exist, please provide me FTP access detail by editing your first post at this topic. and put it site info form.
i need that for debugging purpose.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Anthony
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I cannot take a screenshot, as I said the screen is blank and white, pointless screenshot, description is adequate surely?
However now I visit the page and it displays, this was initially why I reported it then marked it as resolved, it seems to have a mind of it's own, displaying the JomSocial activities list whenever if feels like it. The screenshot in #99960 was how it showed to start with like the admin template was not displaying. I cannot offer you a link to the issue publicly as it's an admin URL.

I've marked this problem as fixed only because I'm sick to death of trying to get every little bug out of JomSocial, a seriously flawed social platform that I'm really disappointed with, NOT ONCE in all the months I have had JomSocial installed have I not wasted day in day out trying to establish a reasonably functioning product.

Kunena forum dropped JomSocial because of it's problems and handed over the source code to JomSocial for the plugins that no longer functioned as a result of JomSocial changing so frequently. Unfortunately Kunena is the only viable forum software that works well with Joomla and will not function smoothly with JomSocial.

It was expected of me to produce a social website that provides a professional business platform for subscribing members. I have not been able to provide a stable platform for my members in all the time JomSocial has been installed on my site.

There have been no less than 174 support messages just to resolve my JomSocial issues. Many of which took more than a day to receive an answer. I can't begin to explain how frustrating this whole experience has been and would not hesitate in letting fellow developers know how difficult JomSocial software is to maintain and/or receive appropriate support in a reasonable timespan costing $149 for the experience.

Now to top it all off I get JSubscriptions for JomSocial, recommended by JomSocial add-ons page and it failed to even install without a fatal scripting error, it does not inspire confidence to waste more money purchasing the paid version. When their website fails to function properly during a simple registration process.

There's not much point in replying to this post, I'll just contact you again when the next inevitable problem arises.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński