Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Unable to get Socialize to look like the demo with quickstart

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hello,

I was able to get a quick start and went through the process to install. I am unsure what else i need to do to get the site to look like the socialize website demo. I am not familiar with Joomla but have made the database and user and set that up. I understand a little about modules and would like whatever help or steps to get the site to look like the demo for socialize. I also have purchased both jomsocial and socialize. If there is any additional information you need please let me know.

Thanks!

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jason.

As I can see you just not assigned menu to right positions, assigned some modules where they shouldn't be. Just disable all modules that are right under main menu. Do the same for "Popular tags", "latest articles" and "Login form". Assign JomSocial toolbar menu to menu module that is displayed in header. Enable Socialize toolbar module.

Using Joomla, JomSocial or Socialize template requires to have at least basic knowledge about Joomla!
Without it you'll stuck...
Please, understand, we can't teach you how to use Joomla!... set modules, create menu, add content. This is not purpose of our technical support.

We'll be happy to help you with configuration issues within JomSocial or Socialize errors and conflicts. But not guide step by step and show how to use Joomla!

I suggest you to read more about Joomla!, watch/read some tutorials that you can find in Internet: lmgtfy.com/?q=joomla+tutorials

Finally you should hire a developer to do the job for you: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński