Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't set default template to "dark" after upgrade

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi,

recently upgraded to the latest Jomsocial and noticed that my default template was once again set to "light", I need it to be dark :).

However, when I change it to dark in backend / Jomsocial / Configuration / Templates, the setting has no effect. It's still light. I've tried clearing the cache.

Not sure what's going on here really, am I missing something?

Thanks

Peter

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

please provide me FTP access detail by editing your first post at this topic and put it at site info form. I need that for debugging purpose.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Post edited. Thanks for looking into it :)

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

something wrong woth your template. because

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css" type="text/css" />
loaded twice
the last one seem hardcoded becuase the code like this
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://playground.crashdiet.org/components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css" type="text/css" />

I don't know where is come from. for solution I added
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://playground.crashdiet.org/components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.dark.css" type="text/css" />

at Joomla backend - templates manager - socialize - custom code.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter
9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi, do we have any idea of why I'm getting this error? I re-installed the Socialize template and upgraded to the latest Jomsocial but still had to apply this fix to make my template dark...

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

that because after you re-install the template, the old settings is gone. so you must put back that code.

the problem because community toolbar module always bring default style
/modules/mod_community_toolbar/mod_community_toolbar.php line 16

$document->addStyleSheet(rtrim(JURI::root(), '/').'/components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css');

and this css always loaded after jomsocial css. we still try to make improvement for this module. for now you still must put that code at template manager to loaded the dark css after default style.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Yes I added the code, I was still curious why it happened even after update though. But I guess it's something you're still working on. Good :).

Two more issues related to this though :

1. The "Inbox" page has weird colors and the text on certain messages is very hard to read. I think it's the unanswered or unread ones that looks bad (light text och light background)

2. I'm certain that when I first installed this template my buttons on the front page inherited the dark style, I mean after switching to the dark template the buttons were not blue anymore. Since the issue in this thread started they are back to blue. How can I fix this? I prefer to not mess too much with LESS / CSS due to my lack of skills :)

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

1. there is no any message for user jomsoc1. could you please make test messages? I don't want send any message to any users. it must only CSS issue. I will fix it for you after I can see the messages with user jomsoc1

2. I added /templates/socialize/css/custom.css this is override standard for socialize template, and it will not disappear at upgrade process.

.community-toolbar.toolbar-login input {color: #000000;}
#community-wrap .hero-area-wrapper .btn-primary {background: #222222;}
#community-wrap .cGuest .login-area input[type=submit] {background: #222222;}

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter
9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

1. I just sent a couple of private messages your way :).

2. Cool, thanks. Some buttons are still blue but I can probably figure it out now when the override is in place, thank you!

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

fir inbox I put this css at custom.css

#inbox-listing .unread td .cMail-Author, #inbox-listing .unread td .cMail-Time {color:#000000 !important;}

Regards,
Albert

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Sorry, I don't understand. Do you mean that you already fixed it on my site? Because the issue is still there. If you did not fix it, please let me know how I can edit custom.css in a way that prevent it from disappearing next time I update. thanks!

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Peter
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Sorry, clearing cache helped :) I would like to tweak the colors further so so I'm still curios on where you made the change. Thank you.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński