Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

every upgrade a few of my changes erase

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Amit
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
every time that i am upgrading via your ijoomla upgrader (great tool) it seems that a few changes that i did erased for the basic, for example, i change that there will not be the registration area under the main picture of "join us..." and after each upgrade i need to remove it again. why is that?

BR
Amit

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Amit.

It's because you do customizations in wrong way. You should use template override feature.
Just copy files you want to customize from ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default to ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community (if you don't have "html" or "com_community" folders, feel free to create them) and then modify copied file.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński