Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No activation link sent and wrong redirect to Joomla login page

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

After upgrade to JS version 3.2.1 no activation link is being sent and users will be redirected to Joomla login page

Hack/workaround described at #93626 doesn't work either.
www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...gin-i?start=14#93626

Problem still persists on my migrated site at at www.wahl-verwandtschaft.de/joomla_3_3 too. Even the update to JomSocial 3.2.1.1 does not solve the problem. An email ist sent to the user but without an activation link. After registration you will be linked to the Joomla login page.

We can't go online with the new site without fixing the registration process.
Thanks for help.
regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: hahequaRiathealsize
9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Cristian,

Your backend access for this /joomla_3_3/ site is not working, please you check again..

thank you

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Good evening, I checked the credentials. Should work. And I'm waiting for a solution urgently. Parallel to my post I'm looking at this post -> www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...gin-i?start=14#93626

still doesn't work. When will this problem be fixed? Waiting urgently for a solution to go online with my site. Thanks again

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Christian.

Your registration flow works just fine.
Only your system was misconfigurated.
All menu items that links to JomSocial ware restricted for Registered only. Even if JomSocial redirect plugin tried to redirect to JomSocial registration form it can't as all menu item ids ware restricted for registered.

I created in main menu link to registration form and I registered successfully. Received two emails:
prntscr.com/45hx30
prntscr.com/45hx6c

What is wron;

1. You need to have menu item linked to JomSocial frontpage aoutside JomScoial toolbar menu.
2. Al other links - if you want to display them in main menu should be a menu item aliases that link to corresponding menu items in JomSocial toolbar menu
3. You need to have menu JomSocial toolbar with proper architecture as it's used for internal navigation in JomSocial. Without it community could behave very erratic.

So you need to create menu with type "jomsocial" and with items:

|— Change Profile Picture
|— Change Profile Video
|— Edit Profile
|— Edit Details
|— Privacy
|— Preferences
|— Customize My Page
Friends
|— Show All
|— Search
|— Advanced Search
|— Invite Friends
|— Request Sent
|— Pending my approval
Groups
Photos
Videos
Events

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński