Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No Joomla Admin Access After Uninstall

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Caleb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

This one has me stumped..

I went to uninstall Jomsocial 3.2.0.6 to upgrade to the new 3.2.0.7 and when I click uninstall to batch the component, plugins and modules I just get a blank page and now my entire site is locked out. I can't access the front end because the default home link was set to Jomsocial. I can't access the admin area because when I go to /administrator I get nothing but a blank page.

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Caleb Runnels,
It seems you have uninstall joomla core extension too.
Have you taken backup before the uninstall?
I would suggest you to restore that and then let me know.
I will then help you to uninstall the old one and upgrade to new.
Thanks

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Caleb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I haven't touched anything Joomla core, but I did manage to fix the error by removing all references to Jomsocial and Tigra in my database and removing all corresponding files in the structure of my site. I will have to just re-install all of the software, but that's not a big deal. Perfect time to now make a backup since it's all fresh, haha! :-D

I used the Joomla extension manager to uninstall Jomsocial and Tigra at the same time. Maybe that could have been the problem?

First, in my server error logs Jomsocial core was still be referenced as an asset after I performed the uninstall. I removed all Jomsocial files and my login page loaded. I did notice that once I turned on my debugging in my configuration to figure out what is going on that no files or database information was ever uninstalled when I attempted it.

I wish that I could reproduce this error because unless someone knew what they were doing then they would have to scrap their entire Joomla install. Possibly it could have been a problem with certain files needing to be uninstalled before others so they won't affect the way that the system works. I'm not entirely sure. Like I said.. This one blew my mind.

Thanks again for the help! If you guys want me to try to reproduce this error and send you the logs then let me know.

Keep up the great work!

-Caleb

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński