Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Detailed Code List

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Enes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi everyone;

I was looking for the all Jomsocial com_community code lists in forum but I cant find it. I think if there is a code list, it will be very useful for everyone and especially for newbies.

I mean with code list; For example if I want to change and translate "COM_COMMUNITY_PHOTOS_UPLOADED" code, I want to see the exact location of each code and what will it look like after changes. I think you must publish a code list after every upgrade. Also I want to learn meaning of some different code like; %1$, %2$

I have a second question also. After each Jomsocial upgrade some part of my web site turn to english. After each upgrade do I have to override the codes.

Thanks !

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Enes.

1. I'm still not sure what you mean by "detailed code list"... but as far I understand you mean language constant like "COM_COMMUNITY_PHOTOS_UPLOADED" and files where it's used...

No, there is no use of doing that by us. You can use native Windows search options to search phrases within files. So as a result you'll have list of files where phrase is present.

Here is how it could look: prntscr.com/41ilg7

Just search in Internet: lmgtfy.com/?q=windows+search+fo+phrase+in+files

2. The meaning of %1$, %2$ is quite simple: 1st variable in the string, 2nd variable in the string :) Variables and that what they contain are loaded along with language constant and values are inserted in places where you have %1$, %2$.

3. It means that JomSocial was updated by new or changed language constants and your language file doesn't contain them.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Enes
9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Enes,

#1 Read the sprintf function here php.net/manual/en/function.sprintf.php , the %1$, %2$ is the callback from that function, this is the simple example to understand this:

JText::sprintf('COM_TRANSLATE',$var1,$var2)
so in the translation will be read like this :
COM_TRANSLATE = "This is var1 =  %1$, and this is var2 =  %2$"

#2 Let me guess, you edit the main english translation right? if yes the english translation will be replaced with the newest one.

Thank you

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Enes
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Thank you very much Michal and Dimas :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński