Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

"edit my profile" page does not show "member login"

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I upgraded from jomsocial 2.6.8 to 3.2 recently. Under the main menu, I have a menu item pointing to "edit my profile" page of jomsocial so that users can change their profile. However, if they click the menu item without logging in, then member login page came up (as shown in the attached image). After I upgraded, if I click the menu item, nothing happens but going back to front page of jomsocial. How can change this?

Attachment ScreenHunter_29Jul.0913.57.jpg not found

Attachments:
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

And it will work that way. It do nearly the same thing - redirects to... page where user can log in. On Network frontpage is login form.
But in this case user is shown native JomSocial login form and not Joomla! user component login form.
This is a feature not an issue :)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi JayShops,

That is defalt behavior, some of Jomsocail private page will be redirected to Jomsocial frontpage, in that page you also can see the login form, i think that is not a big deal for you, right :)

thank you

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for the prompt answer. I think this is an issue because "edit my profile" menu item that both guests and registered user can see. If a user clicks the item without logging in, the person should be directed to log in or create an account rather than automatically moved into jomsocial front page. The developer may know that is the default behavior, but a typical user will automatically assume that the the menu item is not working when they are redirected to the jomsocial front page without any explanation. You can still let the user know that they will need to log in but let them stay in "edit my profile" page after they log in. That's how the menu item should work. And that was how Jomsocial behaved in 2.6.8 version. Is there any way that I can add this feature back? For example, "member search" item behaves exactly the way I want. It stays in the page, but ask the user to log in.

9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jay,

we already changed that behavior so that is impossible if you wanna revert it back, and your menu stucture bit confuse for the noob user, because without login the user will get "edit profile" link, which that menu should be private and should be shown for logged members only.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński