Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Rocket Theme Template

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. I recently installed the latest upgrade, and it didn't work with my rocket theme template. I read your documentation, and found that i probably needed to upgrade my template, which i did. I then re-installed the jomsocial upgrade, and it still does the exact same thing. I am in a bit of a panic, so I downloaded the standard version 3.1.1., which is what I had, and am using it. I need the 3.1.1. pro version, because that's what my account is (pro version).

Please advise.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joseph.

Ok... but what is your issue here? :)
Could describe your issue or steps to replicate it on your site?

Or you just need download link to Jomsocial 3.1.1 PRO?
You can find it here: www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

HI - I apologize for not providing specific information.

I installed the latest version of Jomsocial, as per instructions. I updated the Rocket Theme template as well. I checked the installations to make sure that they were working ok, and they were both showing update.

However, when I accessed Jomsocial, the layout was not correct, there was no way to provide a status update, and it was showing 1100 new posts.

Also, I followed your link to 3.11 PRO, and I cannot find it.

I've uploaded a screen shot for you

Attachment screenshot.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joseph.

So issue to solve here is:

- templating issue with JomSocial 3.2.0.7? (well, I can't check your issue as you has 3.1. now)
- access to JomSocial 3.1.1?

3.1.1 standard and PRO has the same features... only difference is that Standard has branding link.
In link I provided you should be a link to download: prntscr.com/40vtzc

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'm still having the issue of errors in the template. Can someone call me and assist me? I've paid for the professional version, and am now using an older standard version, because I can't get the new update working.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joseph.

Ok then, make a safe copy of your site and database. I''ll unistall current JomSocial version and Install 3.2.1.1 PRO.
I'll not check if you have any customizations, just unistall and install recent version.

Do you agree?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok. Ready. What do you need from me to get started?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joseph.

Please, install Akeeba backup and made a full site backup.
Then I'll uninstall JomSocial and install latest version.
Please, note if reinstallation will overwrite any customization made in jomSocial I will not restore them...

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok, I uninstalled and then installed the new version, and the same problem perisists.

When I log in at the front end at www.orionhs.org
and go into the jomsocial area, the layout is as you see above in my screen shot.

To see the errors, go to www.orionhs.org and log in.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Update: It seems like the issue is in the menu. When I go to the backend, and locate the menu "OHS Facebook" (which is jomsocial renamed), then the menu items are not published, and on the menu type, it says, "com_community does not exist".

Any ideas?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Joseph.

When you upgrading JomSocial menu items in JomSocial toolbar lost "connection" with component. Joomla! mark them as disabled and with notice: "Component 'com_community' does not exist". In order to fix it please follow this instruction:

- click on menu item in JomSocial menu in order to edit it
- when in edit mode don't change anything
- save
- menu item should be fixed
- do it for every JomSocial related menu items (if needed) in all other menus

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That doesn't work. There is no option for Jomsocial menu. There is no menu at all.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Frustrated with this. Here it is end of day, I've spent my day trying to get this thing to work. I got most of it to work, and now all messages have this weird code in them:
{"content":" im having problems with my phone so i know im going to end up failing astronomy but im finishing personal finance today i guess i need a extension but ive been informed that its to late for that just can you let me know what i need to do? thank you "}

ALSO - there's a red error message at the top of the page when JomSocial loads that says,

Error loading component: com_communitymessage, 1

I really understand that you all are busy, but this issue has been an issue (for me) for some time now, and I cannot seem to get assistance. Please advise.

9 years 7 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Joseph,

I have just logged in and it appears that all the faults are now fixed, could you please let me know if this is not the case and the specific issues that are current,

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński