Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Template assignement doesn't work

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hallo, first of all i have to say that the web site currently on production is still not upgraded due of the issues i m going to explain (it is still running on joomla 2.5.19 and jomsocial 3.1.1..)
before upgrading the production site i decide (as usual) to work on a localhost site (is just a mirror on my localmachine thanks of akeeba backup ) and something has been wrong,
I m using T3 framework and i have some different templates (done with T3 framework) assigned to different pages of the site, and the assignement doesn't work anymore after upgrading from jomsocial 3.1.1 to 3.2.0.6) it only show the main template in every pages, and this happen not only in the pages in wich jomsocial component is assigned to, but also in every others pages that are showing core components of joomla as articles...
i have made several test already including different way of upgrading the component.
by the way in the production site it is working the T3 framework version 1.4.3 but the problem is happening doesn't matter which version i m using (on the local server i m running joomla 2.5.20, Jomsocial 3.2.0.6 and T3 framework version 2.3)
any idea??
(by the way no php error is displayed and nothing important is showed in the debug console in Joomla).

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi There,

Do you mean Jomsocial template or Joomla template, if I see on your live site it shows one jomsocial template and working fine in your frontend.

If you still works on local host, please you upload to your dev site so we can inspect this directly.

thank you very much.

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi there..
in the live site as i said everything works fine,
i m talking about the joomla templates created using T3 framework...
so i was thinking if there is any tips or conflict that i m not aware of...
If there is not others way i will create a subfolder in the root of the live site and i will create a new version of the live web site that will be upgraded to the new version...
waiting for your reply
Andrea

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

What Joomla template are you using? if you are not using socialize joomla template so this issue is beyond our support. Please you contact to the that Joomla template developer.

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

First of all
The problem is not the template of jomsocial, is the template assignement in the menu option of joomla, nothing so special, every menu item as you can see in the front end as well in the backend have a different template assigned to it, and in the live web site right now, and that was since the beginning, it works ok.
In the website that i have in my localhost that has been upgraded the template assignement in the menu option of joomla doesn't work anymore...
that mean the template that is assigned only to the front page of the web site is assigned to every pages or manu items of the web site,
doesnt matter wich component is displayed.
this is the prob, in order to try to solve it i have been first unistalled any other extension to be sure about the prob, but still the prob is there, then i realized that i have the Jomsocial Redirect plugin enabled, so i disabled it and bump everything works again...
Of course I need this plugin, so in order to make clear what is the prob, i enabled again the plugin, and i assign to a menu items a classic template of joomla as Beez 20, in order to recognize if the prob is related to T3 framework plugin that i used for creating the different templates, but still the problem is there, nothing change so definitly there is a bug that override the normal template assignement of the menu items.
Please read it carefully because this seem a real bug.
Andrea

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I forget to say that the web site is multilingual !!
so also the language plugin is enabled...

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I give a look to the file of the Jomsocial Redirect plugin
[root]\plugins\system\jomsocialredirect\jomsocialredirect.php
but it seem that JS 3.2.0.6 is still using the same file as the version JS 3.1.1

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you upload your localhost to you dev site, so we can test it directly. Hard for us to replicate this issue if you still using localhost, it can be the menu itemID issue which need to be inspected from Joomla menu manager

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes i supposed..
i will create a temporary subfolder and i will recreate the issue..
it may take a little...
thanks in advance

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

By the way if i disable SEF completly, template assignement work!!!!!
so you are right...

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi There,

Ah glad to know that.. I mark this issue as solved now.

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hallo the issue is not solved at all..
of course in the production site i cannot disable SEF... i need it as weel the Jomsocial Redirect plugin ,
they should work as they are working right now in the live site because otherwise all the links become broken!!!!..
So i finally organized a mirror website in a subfolder as you asked, and everything is alredy up to date, J2.5.22, Jomsocial 3.2.0.6 and T3 Framework Plugin 2.30 (even this doesn't make any difference as i tried already).
The only difference is that the rewrite url SEF is disable, in order not to create mess with the .htaccess, but still the basic SEF is still enabled.

check my first post for the info of the Test/Development Site!!
I m waiting for info...

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

This issue not related with Jomsocial, this issue caused by your Joomla menu configuration and assign template each menu.. please look my screenshoot..

I suggest you also post this issue into Joomla forum as well.

thank you

Attachments:
9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry probably i wasn't clear,
Again the template assignement was done by myself and it should work as it is showed in the picture that you post, the problem is that after upgrading to jomsocial 3.2 it doesn't work anymore, as you can see in the above picture,
the first is about www.euplay.net/personaggi-storici in the live site with J2.5.19 and JomSocial 3.1.1

Attachment original.jpg not found

the second is about the www.euplay.net/xxxyyy/test01/index.php/personaggi-storici same page in the Development Site with J2.5.22 and JomSocial 3.2.0.6

Attachment upgraded.jpg not found

And the prob arise only after upgrading JomSocial 3.2, and not after upgrading to J2.5.22.
So this is not a Joomla issue but a kind of bug that happen because of JomSocial 3.2.
By my test it can be solved only if I disable Jomsocial Redirect plugin or if i disable SEF completly, but both case as i already wrote are not possible as i need (as many others people) those plugin enabled.
It is also a multilanguage site.
I hope now i m more clear please check it again.
I m waiting for your answer.

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński