Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

3.2 upgrade on J3.3 stuck on updating database

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Get stuck here (if you know you guys have an issue with latest Joomla version, why don't you send out an email that says DO NOT UPGRADE YET!)??? Like a fool I trusted your installer without backing up first. Any help is appreciated.

Attachment Capture.JPG not found

Attachments:
9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Adam,

you can see on this thread :
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/146...g-jomsocial-database
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/155...on-updating-database

DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR ENTIRE SITE + DATABASE FIRST..

Warm Regards,

David

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have to remove all of my JomSocial menu items? Won't that mess up all of my SEO scores since the links may not be the same?

9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Adam,

We created the same name menu item except you had renamed it before.. if we create the same name and same alias name, i think this won't messed up all of your SEO.. Did you have a backup of your site and database ? if you did, you can go like i suggested.. if something happen please let me know :)

PS : If you had custom jomsocial toolbar item, this item will be replaced with original jomsocial toolbar.. so you need to add your customization again..

Warm Regards,

David

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I created a lot of custom JomSocial menu items. Do I need to delete them all or just one? When I delete them, do I need to put them in Trash or completely delete them?

9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Adam,

yes delete them all and remove them from trash... after installation you must create new custom menu again.. maybe you can write you custom menu so you don't forget what is your custom menu :)

if you still got stuck on installation, you can provide me backend access and cpanel access.. i tried to login to your backend but i got invalid credentials..

Warm Regards,

David

9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Adam,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Warm Regards,

David

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

deleting the menu items worked, wasn't fun but it worked

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński