Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Use URL rewriting

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

I need to turn Use URL rewriting ON for Wordpress for Joomla integration but when I turn it on I get 404 when trying to access Jomsocial.

Please advise

Phil

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Philip DiTullio,
It seems the site is not htaccess enabled.
If you can enable from the file then please go to the site root and find there is a file "htaccess.txt" which should be renamed as ".htaccess"
then enable url rewriting from admin panel and check at action.
If you are unable to do so then send us ftp info by editing your first post of this topic.
Thanks

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

I did all of that.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Philip DiTullio,
I have successfully login through ftp but am not seeing any file.
Can you check please?
Thanks

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

The htaccess file I edited is in public_html. Is that where it should be?

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Philip DiTullio,
I am still experiencing same problem when I login through ftp.
It is essential for checking certain issue.
Moreover, I am seeing the problem causing not only for jomsocial page. It is also causing for another page.
Thanks

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

I fixed the ftp issue. WordPress for Joomla support wrote this:

Philip,

Yes - If you disable "Use URL Rewriting" but continue to use SEF urls, WordPress for Joomla will 404 and that is expected. WordPress for Joomla requires URL rewriting. Unfortunately, if URL rewriting is causing jomSocial to 404, I'll have to defer you to their support as I cannot support issues with a third party extension.

Just as a suggestion - Have you tried checking the contents of your .htaccess file? Try replacing it with a default .htaccess (you can extract one from a fresh joomla download) to see if it resolves your 404s. If it does, revert back to your modified .htaccess and start removing chunks at a time to isolate the issue.

Please advise

Philip

I did turn rewriting off for now so members can access their page. Please do what you need to to resolve the issue.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Philip DiTullio,
There was a problem of htaccess file at your site and that's why we were asking ftp access.
I have updated with fresh htaccess file and enable "URL rewriting".
Now it is working fine.
Please check.
Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip DiTullio
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński