Topic Author
  • Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active

Hi Guy
I made a request about a year and a half ago about this idea
My client needs regional taxation capabilities applied to the billing section of Guru. - I was thinking that we could make the calculations similar to the the the current Discounts/Coupon system, only as opposed to a discount -
allow for a fee to be added - and make it conditional to one of the custom user fields in Jomsocial(in this situation address).
So basically if country & state = (whatever region) then +% would be applied to the bill and display on the final invoice.

Is there anyone at Jomsocial/iJoomla/Joomlart that would be interested in doing a customization, which could easily be added to the roadmap & core software moving forward.

If so please let us know the fee you guys charge... I want to avoid doing this type of customization myself/outside of the main Guru project as this feature NEEDS to be added to the core

To be totally honest - I am astonished this is not on the Guru road map as all other e-commerce platforms have this enabled out of the box.

Please let me know thank you in advance

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Russeli.

Thank you for contacting us.
As much as I'd love to help, your request is beyond what we're able to do for customers.
We don't provide developing services.
But I'll pass your feedback to our developer ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Micahl - Thanks for the reply

So this has to be added one way or the other- My team can do it, but a core function like this would seemingly be better developed closely with your team.
Can you put us in touch with your dev team to see if we can partner on this function?

We build joomla components, modules & plugins from scratch so it will be no problem to complete, we just want to see this feature added to the core.

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Russell,

Yes, we can add that code to the Guru core! this is clear.
Please use the latest Guru version we released yesterday (have some calendar data picker fixes) and do the code. Then just send me back all the component with some details and where the code was changed. I will review it and if all is ok then I will release it right away!
Thanks a lot for collaboration on this!

Alin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Russell
6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Alin
We are going to be beginning the customization this week.
Can we PM you credentials for our demo server so you can see how things are coming along.

Also can we get a communication channel open with you in case we have any questions?

I will have the edits illustrated out an posted here later today/tomorrow.

6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Alin, here are my thoughts on the taxation customization below:

We are going to build this on 1 of our demo servers, and we would like to give you access to both the demo site & ftp so can we pm this to you some how?

1) Create New Database Thread For Taxation
It appears as though the easiest way to make the taxation work, will be to mimic , as closely as possible the current Guru 'Promo Codes' function, beginning with the database structure.
We are planning on creating a new database thread, called jos_guru_taxes, and for the most part mirror the current jos_guru_promos db thread.
The new database thread will include the following database points:

• ID#
  • Tax Name
  • Tax Display (short name to display in invoices)
  • Tax Type (% or fixed value)
  • Tax Value
  • Start Publish Date
  • End Publish Date

2) Create New Guru Admin Page for Taxes
Once the new DB thread has been created, then we will require a new Joomla Admin view, so that users can administer the tax. Once again we plan to mimic the current 'Promo Codes' view:
/administrator/index.php?option=com_guru&controller=guruPromos
The new tax category view will employ the same css classes, as the promo codes, but will reflect the data listed in step 1 above.

Presumably the new page link would be :

/administrator/index.php?option=com_guru&controller=guruTaxes

2.1) Create New Guru Admin Page Edit Each Tax
Now that we have a Taxes category established, we will also require a full screen view to add/edit/delete and data entered, just like the current Promo Codes edit page, located here:.
/administrator/index.php?option=com_guru&controller=guruPromos&task=edit&cid[]=1

Following the logic above the new page would be located here:
/administrator/index.php?option=com_guru&controller=guruTaxes&task=edit&cid[]=1

3) Allow For JomSocial Custom User Field Integration
In Canada, taxation is based upon where the buyer is located, so we will need to make a series of fixed data options in the Jom Social registration process (Country & Province/State). When the user registers via the Jom Social login process, they will select this required data.

Upon Guru checkout, we will query the Jom Social user fields to determine whether or not the taxes will be applied to the Guru Invoice..

In addition to this element we will need to add an option in the newly built Guru Taxes edit page, where admins can make taxes conditional based upon these Jom Social fields.

4) Get Taxes to Display in Admin Orders Overview Page
Now that we have taxes working, we need to display it in the Guru Admin Orders page:
/administrator/index.php?option=com_guru&controller=guruOrders

Ideally there would be an additional column added to the main orders table to list taxes.

5) Get Taxes To Be An Exportable Element From Orders Overview Page
We will need to make the tax data exportable in the .csv & .xlsx data exporter so that admins ca easily export this information for accounting purposes. ID is hoping that the iJoomla team can help with this element. 8)

6) Get Taxes to Display In Invoice View And Alter Final Pricing
The final element will be to restructure the invoice to display the current Price as Sub Total, then ad the taxation beneath it and final a total price based upon the Subtotal - (promotions) + (taxation) = Total
I am pretty sure we will need input from the iJoomla folks here as well. Also I think we might even have to add a data point or two to the Guru Orders data tables:

jos_guru_program_plans
jos_guru_order

6.1) Get Taxes to Display in Front End Invoice View
Same as step 6, but on the front end

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Please send me website info to my email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will try to help how I can.

Thank you,
Alin

The following user(s) said Thank You: Russell
6 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Just sent credentials

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Alin

Please check the demo site we have the taxation scripts working

although you asked us to do on v 5.06 so we have some catch up to do with you
my lead developer is right now listing out all of the core changes required to pull this off so we don't get lost

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hello,
I sent you a private message.

Thank you,
Alin

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Russell
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses: