Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Access to Guru based on Joomla User Groups

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired

Is there a way to automatically approve Teachers based on Joomla's ACL once they are registered?
Currently when a user signs in with JomSocial, they still have to automatically signed in as teachers. Could you kindly advise?
Thanks.

9 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Please go to Guru backend->settings->teacher->Auto approve teachers set to Yes

thank you

9 years 8 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

The setting Dimas mentioned will globally approve teachers on your site. However, there's no trigger to approve users as teachers once their added to a specific ACL group.

Kindest Regards,
Eric Tracz

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you for your prompt response.
I tried registering a new user in JomSocial after the auto approve teacher's settings is set but I am still having the same problems.
when I click on the link to Guru Teacher My Course, I get a message saying that I am not registered as a teacher.
I checked the backend for the teachers' list under Guru Pro > Teachers, the name of the new user is not included in the list.
Could you kindly advise as to what I should do to correct this?
Ideally, I would like for all users to have access to this function.
Thank you again.

9 years 8 months ago
  • Eric
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

Auto approval for teachers works only when teachers register via guru. We will be introducing more tighter integration with JomSocial where teachers can register via JomSocial. However, this is not in place yet. So they need to be approved manually now.

What I could suggest as a fact solution is get in contact with one of oDesk devs: jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers and get him to create a system plugin which would 'catch' those teacher registrations via JomSocial and approve those registrations in guru as teachers.

I realize that's not a perfect solution and it's not what you'd like to hear, however as much as I'd love to say: 'click here and it'll be ok' I can't as this logic isn't in place yet.

Kindest regards,
Eric Tracz

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

It is very disappointing to have purchased a product like Guru at such an exorbitant price to have to outsource more functions to other developers to integrate it with your core product, JomSocial.

9 years 8 months ago
  • Eric
Licenses:

Hello,

I'm sorry you feel that way. We will introduce this usability in the future, it will take some time to do, though. We have a roadmap that we need to stick to and promises we need to keep.

Kindest regards,
Eric Tracz

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

This problem appears to be the same problem that is faced by Junior Boarder at www.ijoomla.com/component/kunena/guru-pr...-as-a-teacher/#38877
LIke I said, there is better support at iJoomla for Guru Pro than at this Jomsocial forum.
Could you kindly ask Nicoleta or Ionut for advice on how to solve this issue?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Any further update on this?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI,
I have just reposted this issue on the iJoomla Support Forum so I am closing this topic here.
Thanks.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński