Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Uploaded video to a group is not shown on the stream

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello. I noticed the same problem with JS4.5.1 beta 2 on my test site (so no need to create new topic at the moment).

Whem I add linked videos, it create an activity in stream.

But when I upload video file (to main gallery; not to group) and after pending video convertation, it doesn't create any activity in stream. But video is allready in gallery. Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I see no work on that in our bug report yet. Will try to rush it.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks Piotr,
it would be nice if they can replicate the problem on their own installation because i want to disable the user.
Maybe you can get some information about this.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I have no idea what info programmers may need in order to resolve it. In that case please leave this user for now, this may actually speed it up a little. Unfortunately still see no movement in bug trucker. My apologies, but looks like all of the programmers are busy currently.

6 years 1 month ago
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I know, redirected You here myself :) Will talk to programmers directly to speed up the process hopefully.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It would be great if there is some update or better - a solution for this problem.
Its ok that this will take some time but not so long. We pay a lot of money for "support and maintenance" and there is still no information about this bug.

There was still no access with the user that i mentioned in the first post since 09.02.2018.
That is more than 2 weeks ago...so i think that's enough time for the developers to look at this problem. I don't want to enable this user for that long time.

So again - please talk to the developers and ask them
1. do they need the account for my homepage
2. if there is any release date for a fix

As you can see, i'm not the only person who has this problem and the first forum post was 5 month ago.
Thank you very much.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

@phatair we do have other users reporting this as well, so programmers are most likely using their websites or a clean version to be 100% it's a bug in installation package. I've talked to 2 programmers about it today and can say for sure that the working on a fix is in progress.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Phatair,
Kindly apply this change on your site
open at components/com_community/libraries/activities.php
line 91

remove this code:
// Access check: ACL
       if (!CFactory::getUser()->authorise('community.postcommentcreate', 'com_community')) {
         return false;
     }

it will fix the stream activity issue you are facing on your site.

let me know if still there is an issue.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: phatair
6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • phatair
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks Pankaj, that solves the problem!!!

Will this bug fixed in the new version or is it necessary to fix this problem on every new version by myself?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
This fix will be in update. Do not worry ☺

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński