Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Non-logged in users and access to Jomsocial

10 years 1 day ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

As far as I can tell from these forums non-logged in users can't access groups in Jomsocial.

The site has been in development for months, and this breaks a major bit of functionality of both the site itself and Jomsocial.

I have embedded how-tos, faqs and discussion in the group function, which is an amazing tool. However when people can't even view before logging in, and then not redirecting to that page after login, I am having serious issues seeing how I can move forward using Jomsocial in this capacity.

Any solutions or thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John

10 years 8 hours ago
Licenses:

Hi, John.

No, it depends from your settings.
Take a look here: demo.jomsocial.com/index.php/groups2/vie...level-cars?groupid=4

You can see discussion in a group without login in.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 4 hours ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

Very glad for the response. A big relief seeing that working on the demo site.

I am concerned however that I am not able to replicate this on my own website. I have looked at the documentation and optins in the admin, and not sure what needs to be changed. I have all menu items set to public as far as I can see.

Any guidance on where to look next would be appreciated.

Regards,

John

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, John.

But I was able to view groups on your site (without any login). I viewed some discussions as well.
prntscr.com/3cacw0

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I managed to get a solution for now.

In my menu I had some menu options that I only wanted to appear when the user had logged in. So under the Community header I had it set up that once the use logged in, all of the community options appeared. This resulted in the problem that when people accessed other menu items using external links to the groups, the other menu items said they were for registered users.

This seems to be the limitation with Joomla? I can't have menu link to the groups only viewable to logged in users, and have a link to specific discussions within a group to non-logged in users.

The way it is now is acceptable. Thanks for the reply!

John

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, John.

Menu item sin JomSocial toolbar menu are special kind of links used to INTERNAL navigation. It means that they don't have OWN menu item id but inherit from menu item that is set in any other menu. So they cant have assigned modules or/and access settings (limited to certain Joomla! access levels).

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, John.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński