Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
I have a few different issues. Please address them individually:
1) Users can't edit event times (from front end)
2) Users can't delete event (from front end)
Example: I created an event for Nov 28 9 am-11 am
I deleted the event from the back end because I could not edit from the front end.
After deleted, I created it again but it gave an error message saying "EVENT WITH SAME TITLE, DATE, TIME HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE" even though it had been deleted. This is the event which should be from 9am-11am. It will not let me set these times. Check the event here and you should try to change the time to 9am-11am:
I'm not able to create an event that repeats weekly because:
a) You can't add/change cover photo until the event is already created.
b) After the event is created, you can add the cover image but then there is no option to "Repeat" weekly the event.
This means that all repeated events are stuck with the default cover photo.
The documentation shows that from the front end there should be the ability to: edit avatar, send email to the participants, edit, duplicate, and delete the event. (See Screenshot attached)
None of these options are anywhere on the front end, and most can't even be carried out from the back end.
Thank you for your help. Jom Social support team has always successfully helped with every issue I've encountered.
Thank you for contacting us.
I logged in to your site and created new event.
After that I was able to edit it:
By clicking on cog icon on event cover you should have option to edit event settings and also delete it (last option on the list).
But I can confirm that in this particular event you can't change end time.
Regarding repeating event - this is by design. firs you create events and you set how many times it should repeat. Then you'll need to edit each one and change cover. When you change cover you don't need to set repeat again - events are already created so they already repeat.
I assign developer to investigate issue with setting time.
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Sorry mate, I understand that you were saying now. I think everything is fine now, except the glitch with not being able to adjust the time. But I think that is because it is cached somewhere from the original event I made. Thanks again.