Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Event Group Only Creation

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I want to enable event creation for groups only. That way I can have the event creation restricted to the leaders of the group. Is there an easy way produce this effect?

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

how about if disabling Events from jomsocial toobar item? from joomla menu manager.
i this this is a easy way.

Regards

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Yeah, but the option is littered throughout. Like in the events section. Didn't know if there's a more complete solution ...

Attachment eventscreation.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

to remove that "Create Event" from event page you must edit

/components/com_community/helpers/event.php at line 502, remove this code

$view->addSubmenuItem('index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=create', JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_EVENTS_CREATE') , '' , SUBMENU_RIGHT );

so "Create event" link only available at group events. and this changing will disappear at upgrade process, you must re-apply it again.

Regards

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

With a couple more comments this worked great. The last place I see it is in on the active stream section. Let me know how to comment that out and I think we're good to go !!

Attachment ActivityStream.png not found

Additional comments necessary for events:

Attachment commentout1.png not found

Attachment commentout2.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

Ref: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Customizing_Template
you can make override for:
/components/com_community/templates/default/status.form.php

<li data-tab="event">
  <i class="joms-icon-calendar"></i><span class="visible-desktop"><?php echo JText::_("COM_COMMUNITY_POSTBOX_EVENT"); ?></span>
</li>
and
/components/com_community/templates/default/frontpage.index.php
<?php if ( $cconfig->get('enableevents') == 1 ) { ?>
    <li data-filter="apps" data-value="event" class="<?php echo ($filter == 'apps' && $filterValue == "event") ? 'active' : ''; ?>" data-url="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=frontpage&filter=apps&value=event');?>"><i class="joms-icon-calendar"></i> <?php echo JText::_("COM_COMMUNITY_FILTERBAR_EVENT"); ?></li>
<?php } ?>

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński