Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Event Needs to Stay Up Day of Event

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

As soon as the clock hits midnight on the day of an event, the event gets dropped from the "Upcoming Events" box in the Community. The only way I can see it is if I click on the event day in the calendar, and then it appears below it, in small font.

Is there a way an event can remain in that box until a specified time? Screenshot is attached to reference the upcoming events box.

Thank you,
Gene

Attachments:
9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Gene,

please try this customization:
1. /modules/mod_community_events/mod_community_events.php
2. at line 40 you can see this code

$result = $model->getEvents($categoryIds, null, $sorted, null, true, false, null, array('parent' => $eventparent), $handler->getContentTypes(), 0 ,$default);
changing it to
$result = $model->getEvents($categoryIds, null, $sorted, null, false, false, null, array('parent' => $eventparent), $handler->getContentTypes(), 0 ,$default);

Regards,
Albert

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gene
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am running Jomsocial 3.1, so the code on this page is a little different from what you mentioned. Here is what I have:

$result = $model->getEvents( null , null , null , null , true , false , null , null , CEventHelper::ALL_TYPES , 0 , $default );

I did change the "true" to "false" and an entire series of new events appeared in the Events box on the right side of the page. All I want to make sure is that the event stays in the main events section on the day it is occurring.

Screengrab to show the main events section is attached.

Thanks,
Gene

Attachments:
9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Gene,

if that events still not ended yet. the events will stay on list with "ongoing" label on it. please provide me FTP and administrator access detail by editing your first post at this topic. put it under site info form. I need it for debugging purpose.

btw any reasons do you not want upgrade the jomsocial with latest one?

Regards,
Albert

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gene
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

Sorry but I can't share FTP credentials as this site is hosted in a shared environment. I did upgrade to Jomsocial 3.2.1.5 and have implemented your change, however that did not do the trick. Rather it displayed ALL of my events on the right side.

I created a test event yesterday for today, and now that event is gone - how can I keep it visible until the event time is over?

Thank you,
Gene

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Gene,

Is that ok if we install explorer on your Joomla, so we can check the file with it.

thank you

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gene
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

I was able to get this working in the new version of Jomsocial. I specified the exact day and time of the event (provided it was the next day or any day therefafter) and changed the GMT time to US/Eastern. The event stayed in the box until it was over.

Thanks for your help.
Gene

9 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Gene
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

This issue seems to have come up again. We are running Jomsocial 3.2 and it appears that the event is not staying up on the day of the event - rather, it disappears. We had this issue in 3.1, which was fixed with the move to 3.2, but it's now happening again.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Gene

9 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi Gene,

it was fixed, right? if happening again it must something changed. maybe you did some configurations?
or try revert back the changes to GMT

it must be related with joomla it self. because jomsocial not make any calculation with time zone.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński