Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Ad Agency Users different to Jomsocial Users - How to achieve this?

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Susan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

This product is working completely different to what I expected. I am really surprised that advertisers become jomsocial users? We have a private membership site which contains a lot of personal detail. Under no circumstances would we allow advertisers to see this information unless they were eligible to be a private member. How do I set up ad agency users so they can only see the ad agency menu and nothing else on the site - unless they are a private member already? We really have to be careful to maintain firewalls between members and advertisers so I wouldn't want them accidently gaining access. I thought the management of advertisers would occur only the ad agency component. I am surprised that they are appearing in the jomsocial members list.

Attachments:
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Susan.

EVERY user that registers in Joomla! will have access to JomSocial and AdAgency (any any other extension) by default. This can't be changed as this is how both application works. Account in Joomla! is a base that is used by every extension and is imported automatically.

This will also happen if, for instance, you'll have blog site. So every blog author that create account will become JomSocial user.

In simple words: Account in Joomla! = account in JomSocial.

I think that you need a second, separated Joomla! installation only for AdAgency. Adds from this separated installation could be also displayed in JomSocial site.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Susan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Ok, So i will test it on different installation. What do I need to install to make the ads show up on member sites. We have satellite sites for each school?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Susan.

Please, read this: adagency.ijoomla.com/show-ads-on-any-site/ ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński