JomSocial 4.7.5: Google Login support and more
We are releasing JomSocial 4.7.5 Joomla social community extension with a major new feature: Google login and other new features & improvements: Page vanity URL, improved Twitter login, Report comment. This update also includes 15 bug fixes and Jomsocial Themes updates for the latest JomSocial support.
Social Login Support:
In the previous release (JomSocial 4.7.4), we implemented social login for JomSocial with support for Twitter and Linkedin. JomSocial 4.7.5 now supports Google login.
How does Google Social Login work with JomSocial?
If you have an account on Google (Gmail) you can log in on JomSocial using the Google account. Simply hit the button: Login with Google and add your Google account username and password.
For user who already has an account on the site and would like to use the Google login, they can also login via Google.
How to enable Google Login on JomSocial?
To setup the Google Login on your website, follow the steps below:
- Upgrade JomSocial to JomSocial 4.7.5
- Setup account on https://console.developers.google.com/ to get Google client ID .
- Follow this documentation to set up the Google client ID.
- Open JomSocial > Configuration > Google Integration and add the Google Client ID.
- Clear Joomla/CDN cache if enabled to see the update.
New User signup - When new user signup on a website, he must choose his username, password, and select consent checkbox to allow a website to get his Gmail profile information including name, email and allow Gmail to allow the site to get this information.
Once the account is successfully signup via Google, you will be redirected to your profile page in JomSocial
Page Vanity URL :
This is a new option added in JomSocial Pages. Pages are important for business promotion or a self profile promotion if you are a business owner or Artist. The Vanity URL option allows you to choose your own Page URL name. For example www.jomsocial.com/pages/john-wick.
Note: SEF configuration in Joomla must be set to ON.
Twitter profile mapping :
JomSocial now supports a total of 4 social login platform support:
- Facebook Login
- Twitter login
- LinkedIn Login
- Google Login
This version of JomSocial includes support for twitter profile mapping and fetch the information of your twitter into the JomSocial profile when you log in via Twitter social login option.
Report a comment option:
Reporting a comment is a new option you will see under each comment. When a user comments on any wall stream items and if you found its spam or harmful you can report the comment, A report will be sent to the administrator of the site who will take action on it for its removal.
Email Digest: exclude hide on the list of events :
Email Digest is an option that will send an email to all users about the activities that happened on JomSocial last week, depending on the configuration applied for it. To keep the privacy of an event, now close event notification will not be part of the Email Digest.
Bug fix :
- share box still fetching the URL after canceled
- FB login button CSS conflict with JFBC extension
- public user able to see private group event photo comment at the stream
- cant show more comments at photo stream item
- status box overlapping when containing many lines
- Email Digest not respected profile preferences
- share place holder sometimes still showing when typing
- Got error when creating a page
- Got error when creating a group
- Remove the "MORE" button when not having content anymore
- Archive All" function does not work
- Backend Reports: Validation "Revert" function
- Allow Guests to Report " feature does not work
- Dashboard: Got some CSS errors
- Can't remove comment reported
How to Download and Upgrade
- Check the system requirements Here
- Create a full Backup your website
- Make sure you are running minimum JomSocial 4.4 or JomSocial 4.5 version
- If you use JomSocial 4.3 or lower - Make the tier upgrade as explained in this doc & update Jomsocial with > 4.3 > 4.4 > 4.5.x > 4.7.x
- Download JomSocial 4.7.5 from new unified download system here
- Install the package 4.7.5 zip installer file
- To update theme in Jomsocial : Download latest version of theme and install it via JomSocial > Configuration > templates > upload latest package
Renew With Discount
JomSocial Standard, JomSocial Professional and Developer plans can be renewed from your account with 20% discount